Thursday, May 3, 2012

Meet our faculty - Mr. Richard Jowers, PE and Health

We are excited to share with you a little bit about our newest faculty member, Mr. Richard Jowers. 

My name is Richard Jowers. I received my degree in Health and Physical Education K-12 with a minor in coaching from Elizabeth City State University. During my years at Elizabeth City State, I earned three letters while on the football team. I also have held positions on campus such as the president of my fraternity, Omega Psi Phi Inc., as well as serving as a campus photographer for sports and activities. My coaching experience includes coaching football for the 2010 state championship runner-ups 2AA Northeastern High School and the 2011 CIAA Runner ups Division 2 Elizabeth City State University. My basketball coaching experience ranges from high school to AAU girls and boys teams for almost four years.

I have a background in many sports from basketball to tennis. I attended four high schools between Virginia and North Carolina so I believe I have a good understanding of the different demographics, culture and politics. I have a background as a rehabilitation technician and working with mentally and physically disabled children. I have many different certifications such as NCI (North Carolina Intervention), CPR and even Photoshop/Adobe series.

I believe that I can offer RTHS leadership, group cooperation and initiative. I offer students a wealth of knowledge beyond the classroom that will help them in life. I also believe that I have the ability to engage all students and make them value education. I don’t believe I can change the world, but I believe I can help our children do so.



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new position. Are there any plans on you coaching any teams at RTHS? Also my daughter is interested in the developing the school's first yearbook. With your photoshop/photography experience is that something you could help out with?
    Again welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and foremost thank-you, I'm blessed and glad to be apart of the RTHS family. I plan on coaching both boys and girls basketball team with your support and help. Also with permission from Mr. Grunden I would be ecstatic to help your daughter develop a yearbook proposal for the coming school year, it could be a summer project. My email is Rfjowers@Yahoo.com if you want to send a rough draft of it. Also be on the lookout for a summer work out plan.
    Thanks again.

    Richard Jowers B.S. ‘12
    Health and Physical Education Instructor Research Triangle High School
    Phone: (252) 267-6910
    E-Mail: rfjowers@yahoo.com www.researchtrianglehighschool.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also love to help with the yearbook, photography is a huge passion of mine.

    ReplyDelete